The website is now speech enabled. Please highlight the text and press the play button at bottom right.
Welcome to the Dorrigo Support Centre at Hickory House
Our Purpose: Dorrigo Support Centre's purpose is to be a local, quality, flexible service for Seniors and people living with a DisAbility on the Dorrigo Plateau.
Who are we: We are a dedicated and trained team, committed to serving our community.
How do we achieve this: This is achieved by recognising the gaps that exist, networking with community, advocating on behalf of our clients and being responsive to change.
The Dorrigo Support Centre promotes Choice, Friendship, Care, Dignity and Respect.
We believe: That everyone has the right to contribute, matter, belong and dream.
Dorrigo Support Centre is funded through: The Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) is a government-subsidised program for people:
- 65 years and over,
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people 50 years and over,
- or aged 50 years or older (45 years or older for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people) on a low income, homeless or at risk of homeless.
The program can give you the help you need to stay independent in your home and/or community on your terms. If you want a little support to stay active, social and doing the things you like, we can help.
With the Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) the focus is on working with you, rather than taking over and doing it all for you. It's about building on what you can do, but assisting you with those tasks that you find difficult to acheive.
Support Available: The Commonwealth Home Support Program is designed to deliver base-level support but as your needs become more complex or intensive, you may be referred for a Home Care Package (HCP). The initial access for this support is through MyAgedCare phone 1800 200 422 to register or you may like to drop in at our office and we can send a referral on your behalf. Once your needs have been accessed and identified a referral will be sent from MyAgedCare to a provider of your choice.
Dorrigo Support Centres focus is on working with you and our services are designed to:
- Provide company, friendship, monitor well-being and social support through home visits.
- Provide daytime activities and support for bus trips, town lunches, picnics, bingo, and/or craft activities.
- Provide local transport to access local doctors and/or Allied Health Professionals; shopping or activities.
- Supported Holidays to varied locations and interesting places.
- Domestic Assistance
- Monthly Newsletters to keep you informed.
Dorrigo Support Centre is a National Disability Insurance Scheme Provider (NDIS) 4-3LLK-1470: We provide services for people with DisAbilities to enable them to see their possibilities and live a lifestyle of their choice. Our staff are committed to provide a service that is reliable, friendly, responsive, flexible, and caring. Dorrigo Support Centre encourage and enhance each individuals quality of life and assist them with their understanding of their individual rights.
We can offer Plan Management: Plan Management is one of the options you have for managing the money in your NDIS Plan. Plan Management gives you choice and control over how you use your NDIS budget but with the support of a "Plan Manager" who helps manage your funds and pays your bills i.e. your very own accountant. Anyone can choose to have Plan Management added to their NDIS Plan, but what does this mean? There are three ways to manage your finances through your NDIS plan either:
- Self Managed
- Plan Managed or
- Agency Managed
Is Plan Management right for me? Do you want to have flexible supports which you manage yourself from non-NDIS registered providers (like a lawn moving service, local cleaner, therapists or independent support workers who are not registered with the NDIS or a community organisation)? Maybe you would like the choice and control of a self-managed option but without the adminstrative obligations? Plan Management providers can assist you to find supports, set up service agreements, and track your goals and aspirations for you to make the most of your plan - then having a Plan Manager is for you.
Are you Eligible for NDIS Funding:
Early Chidhood Early Intervention (ECEI) is the way the NDIS supports children aged 0-6 years who have a development delay or disability and their families/carers. If you are over 7 years and under 65 years of age:
- You are an Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia.
- The NDIS access criteria require that the participant has one or more intellectual, cognitive, neurological, sensory, physical and psychiatric impairments that under the disability stream:
- Are or likely to be permanent.
- You will need support for a lifetime.
- Affect the person's capacity for social or economic participation.
- Reduced function capacity or psychosocial functionintg to undertake one or more of the following activities - comunication, social interaction, learning, mobility self-care or self-management.
A treating doctor, specialist or allied health professional can provide information about the impact of your condition.
Office hours - Monday to Thursday 9am to 4pm.
Latest Community Events
If you have an event you would like posted on our website please submit your event HERE.